Course Title: Post-16 Traineeships
Traineeships are an ideal opportunity for young people, aged 16-18 and 19-24 with an EHCP, who are motivated to get a job, but lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Those who have been unsuccessful when applying for an apprenticeship or other position, due to a lack of skills and experience, are most likely to be good candidates for a traineeship.
A traineeship is an education and training programme which incorporates work experience, preparing young people for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’.
Designed for people aged 16 to 18 (up to 24 with EHCP) who don’t yet have the appropriate skills or experience, traineeships provide the essential work preparation training, English, maths and work experience needed to secure an apprenticeship or employment.
A traineeship has three core elements:
- A high-quality work experience placement with an employer.
- Work preparation training, provided by the training organisation.
- English and maths support, if required, provided by the training organisation.
Traineeships last anything up to a maximum of 6 months with the content tailored to the needs of the business and the individual.
Employers are not required to pay trainees for the work placement and traineeships are exempt from the Minimum Wage.
Start Date: Rolling start from September 2019
Who is eligible?
These programmes are aimed at those studying at Entry Level 3 or Level 1 and have few GCSEs, who need to build work-based skills to get closer to employment. We also seek to help those who have struggled in the past within formal education and have other barriers to learning, such as mental health problems or past poor attendance
Number of hours per week: Subject to initial assessment
Programme length: 6 Months
* Please complete the application form
* Once completed, we will arrange for the young person to come for visit and a formal chat
* For those with EHCPs it is important that have a copy of the EHCP in order for us to assess the needs of the young person and put into place any required additional support
* We require the completion of a service level agreement for all new schools and parents we work with
* Synolos reserves the right to refuse anyone a placement
* Student are required to have found a work placement before enrolling