Course Title: Post 16 supported learning Vocational and work readiness - 4 elements
Course description: Our Supported Education programme is enriching, challenging and nurturing. Learners develop skills and confidence in work-readiness/employability and independence. We work with each student to highlight their strengths and support them in identifying and working towards their aspirations. Our tailored study courses include English, maths and PSHE.
Life Skills and Health and Social Studies
Functional Skills – English and maths
Supported Work Experience
Mental Health Support – Subject to suitability (aged 11 -17.5)
Number of hours per week: Up to 16 hours per week
Programme length: 1 academic year with the option of a second year
Programme cost: Free for 16-24-year-olds with an EHCP
Who is eligible?
Young people aged between 16 and 24 who have an Education, Health and Care Plan.
Application process for schools
* Please complete the application form
* Synolos to establish needs of the learner using provided information
* If we feel the young person is suitable for the Synolos environment, we will arrange for the young person visit and have a formal chat
* Once we have met with the young person, a formal decision will be sent to the appropriate parties via email
* Learners will attend a 1 hour session for induction and enrolment. At this session young people will need to bring ID and any other paper work such a certificates
* Learners will be given their timetables and full start dates
* Once started each learner will complete a 6 week probation period to decide if this is a suitable programme for them to continual with
* For those with EHCPs, it is important that we have a copy of the EHCP in order for us to assess the needs of the young person and put into place any required additional support
* Synolos reserves the right to refuse anyone a placement