Course Title: KS3 Exclusions – 1:1 Provision - High impact - New Synolos pilot Programme
Course description: Synolos’ focused delivery works best alongside other alternative providers – diversifying the learner’s timetable and giving them a greater chance of success. We believe that for those who have been excluded from mainstream education, small, sure steps are most effective means of achieving learning success. The focus of our KS3 Exclusion programme is to create trust. We work with learners to develop the skills and resilience necessary to build relationships and to engage in further studies. Once a young person has established a trusting connection with staff, they will join a small group and engage in a vocational subject
Engagement and future aspiration setting
Wood crafts / Art and Design (Progression after induction)
Mental Health Support – Subject to suitability (aged 11 - 17.5)
Number of hours per week: 1 hour for two weeks, then 3 hours for the remaining four weeks. Longer term courses are available once the young person has reached set outcomes (Click here for further details)
Programme length: 6 weeks
Programme cost: £490
Progression: Once targets have been met within this programme the young person can progress to our KS3 engagement programme (Click here for further details). Please note: Assessment will be made if there is a need to higher needs funding to cover additional support needs.
Who is eligible?
Pupils in years 7-9 who have been permanently excluded from school.
* Please complete the application form
* Synolos to establish the needs of the learner using provided information and risk assessments. Please Note. We will not process any applications without a full risk assessment
* If we feel the young person is suitable for the Synolos environment, we will arrange for the young person visit and have a formal chat
* Once we have met with the young person, a formal decision will be sent to the appropriate parties via email
* For the first two weeks the young person will attend only for 1 hour. This is to give the young person an opportunity to familiarise themselves with Synolos and the staff. After the taster, students will extend to the three-hour session if targets have been met
* For those with EHCPs, it is important that we have a copy of the EHCP in order for us to assess the needs of the young person, and put into place any required additional support with the appropriate funding levels